Thursday, April 18, 2013

Work it Out

Vogue Paris April 2012 
Image via
 
This post was inspired by Dove's real beauty sketch. I've found that I feel the most "beautiful" when I'm consistently exercising and eating well. Before the wedding I have to say I was in the best shape I've been in probably since college. I was eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, eating lighter dinners and less carbs, and exercising up to 6 times a week. I felt great! Not only did I feel more "beautiful" but my energy level was up and I was feeling great about myself in general. After the wedding I quickly reverted to my old habits (of basically not exercising) and I noticed all my jeans purchased pre-wedding (I had dropped almost two jean sizes!) were feeling a little snug. I'm feeling sluggish and just weak, both physically and mentally. It's time to get back into it. Not easy at all! I definitely felt out of shape and my body was incredibly sore after one work out - none of this helped my motivation either. With all that being said though, I'm into my third week and I'm starting to feel a little stronger. More importantly, I'm starting to feel a little better about myself and my body! It's still going to be a long process but I'm happy that I've at least started. So for those of us who are wondering how do we in fact embrace our inner beauty and boost our self-confidence... go hit the gym!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment